Sunday, June 26, 2011

Back to Life

We've had our "real summer" here in Portland for the last few weeks, but I've been stuck indoors with bronchitis and asthma and fatigue--lots of feeling sorry for myself. This was the first weekend in a while that I've been up and about, so I took advantage of both the weather and my improving health.

A morning at the farmers market.

Then a few meals outside on the back deck enjoying our garden. (Forgot to take snaps before the yummy food was eaten--oops!)

Playtime in the back garden. Pure luxury to just stop time and enjoy the warm air.







2 comments:

  1. beautiful pictures! i have had "farmer's market" on my todo list for WEEKS. i think my kid would love it and i'd love to take pics like yours! awesome! thanks for finally commenting on my blog so that i can see yours. your back yard looks like such a sanctuary as well. i saw the adelphi there and thought it must be really nice to sit and write in that space. i'm such a non-gardener but love hanging out in our backyard with strummer the deamon dog. i can't really have other things out there with me yet unless it's ok to get chewed. he's learning. slowly but surely. puppy, gotta be patient. unfortunately since i have a penchant for rhodesian ridgebacks, he's a rather LARGE puppy. 9 month adolescent probably 60-70lb chewy obnoxious puppy. love him anyway heh heh. anyway, thanks for sharing your life! it looks beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA--I love that you call him the demon dog! What a sweetie--all 70lbs of him. Yikes! I love dogs with LOTS of personality (no lap dog for me) but it also means they are a little too smart for their own good. We have a corgi (her name is Lola, but we call her Lola Spazzola) and I don't want to imagine the damage she'd do if she were bigger. Thanks so much for commenting on my blog!

    ReplyDelete